A work of art can make the everyday extraordinary. During the COVID 19 global outbreak, art outreach and experience, like almost everything else, must be adapted to new venues distinct from the physical galleries and museums we are accustomed to. During this evolution, we at One Art Gallery are committed, within our power, to transforming this crisis from a time of isolation and fear into a time of hope and connectedness. It may be that by befriending our solitudes we can foster creative, positive artistic responses to our unique situations.
We invite artists around the world to share their challenges, experiences and feelings about this crisis, including but not limited to the following topics:
social distancing, lockdowns, personal hygiene, quarantines, work from home, isolation, fear, bias, public discussion, myth busting.
Our aim is simply to collect and share diverse artistic reactions about this difficult challenge we are facing, in the hope that art might fulfill its purpose: to connect.
- All mediums are accepted, including performance and time-based projects;
- Up to 5 images of your works (incl. title, year, medium, dimensions) at 300 ppi;
- Artist biography;
- Artist statement (300 words or less);
- Up to 5 images of your studio;
- Your website address (if applicable);
- A non-refundable application fee of CAD$60 will be required;
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Acceptance
- Future gallery exhibition will be presented (upon invitation) after the COVID-19 measurements are lifted.
- One Art Gallery and CNAA will curate the online exhibition.
- Exhibition will be presented on the One Art Gallery.
- One Art Gallery and CNAA will market the exhibition via social media.
- One Art Gallery and CNAA might host a reception for the exhibition at a date TBD, when it is safe to schedule a large gathering again.
- June 13, 11:59 p.m. EST: Application deadline
- June 13 –June 19: Application review
- June 22, 5:00 p.m. EST (no later than): E-mail notification sent
- July 3: Online exhibition opens
- TBD, 5:00–8:00 p.m. EST: Opening reception
- October 2: Exhibition closes
Please contact Liying & Danielle, the Manager of One Art Gallery at email@example.com